April 11, 2010

cleaning .. and possible remodel

Kylee is getting so close to talking now. She mimics most words she hears and I know it's just a matter of a few weeks before she says her first real word. This is a really fun age for her to be at. She understands everything I say and is picking up things I didn't even know she noticed.This weekend I feel like I got a lot done. I cleaned the house and organized the dreaded office. It was so messy with all of Matt's junk that he was going to "take care of" but I got it off the floor. Now all we have to do is paint in here ... it's still boring white. My job for the summer is to redo the kitchen. I will still be getting paid over 12 months as a teacher, but don't have to work a majority of the summer. What I really want to do is put in tile floors (replace the thin planks of orange colored wood) paint the cabinets white and put some brushed nickel knobs on them, paint it a light pale color, and last and best of all put in black speckled granite or possibly quartz. I can't wait! I get excited just thinking about how it would turn out. The kitchen is one of the big selling points on this house and that would be a great thing to do for a quick sale when the time comes (2 years or so ...)I have just about 2 months left at school and then welcome summer! Check out the hilarious video of Kylee at the bottom ...

1 comment:

  1. Kylee has more hair than Amy....and on your summer schedule...
    -get together with Covino's for play date!!

    ReplyDelete